Saturday, June 28, 2014

Celebrate!


Check out more Celebration posts at www.ruthayreswrites.com

1. Franki has unveiled her new digital learning blog: Click Here Next. What an amazing resource for teachers K-5 who are anywhere on the spectrum of learning about and using digital tools in their classrooms!

2. My multi-equational "Gardener's Math Poems" poem-set was accepted for publication in Carol-Ann Hoyt's upcoming (October) anthology of poems for children about food and agriculture.

3. One of the swallowtail caterpillars that I am hosting in a big jar on the counter by the fish tank is now a chrysalis! 

4. The Choice Literacy writing retreat. What a gift to be able to relax in a beautiful setting, connect with smart and funny teacher-writers, and have the gift of TIME to be able to write without interruption.

5. This cute little baby:


9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on having your poem set published! The Choice Literacy retreat sounds like a perfect time for writing and being surrounded by amazing people. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet celebrations this week! Congratulations on your poem being published!! I love watching nature come to life this time of year. Makes the long winter worth it!

    Jennifer
    Sweet Writing Life
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for your publication news!!! I can't wait to check out Franki's new blog! I think I'm going to join Choice Literacy. I'd love to hear more about the retreat!! Great celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the publication of your poem! Certainly a celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frankie's new blog has pushed me into complete obsession. I am celebrating that too. Wish I could have retreated with Choice Literacy. Love your gardening. All great celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots to celebrate this week! Congrats on your poem! I'm waiting for your first book of poems! Know it's coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to you and Franki!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Gardener's Math Poems" makes me curious. The cute cucumber picture is perfect for this celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. New babies (buds, chrysalises, websites, and poems) are fun to have and to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.